CLIENT: State Enterprise “National Railway Infrastructure Company”
PERIOD: 2011 – 2017
PLACE: Bulgaria, Plovdiv – Burgas
- Rehabilitation of the railway with a total area of almost 300 km and the related modernization of security equipment and signaling, for which “Balkantel” Ltd. is the official subcontractor of the winning consortium.
- The scope of the contract includes design, factory tests (FAT) and deliveries, construction works, adjustments, trial operation and commissioning.
- Works on the signaling and telecommunication systems related to the renewal of the railway on the current roads in the interstation and their extensions (main tracks and switches to them), in order to achieve the design speed for trains – up to 160 km / h. Includes replacement of rail chains with axle counters in order to remove the insulating fittings on newly installed arrows and type 60 rails. The offered system of axle counters provides continuous and reliable information about the condition of the controlled sections and submits it to the station security installation.
- Replacement of the turning devices of these arrows with new devices with increased technical parameters. The rehabilitation of the facilities in the repair area is accompanied by the replacement of the cable network.
- The automatic crossing devices (APU) have been renewed in accordance with the requirements of the Assignor – replacement of the sensors for activating the APU with axle counters and installation of road crossing traffic lights with a third white flashing light.
- After the reconstruction and modernization of the safety equipment, the existing level of reliability and safety in train traffic management was increased and it was brought in line with the European norms.