With over 30 years of engineering experience and in partnership with high-tech world leader companies from the US and Europe, Balkantel has executed projects of national importance, such as:
- National Telecom Operator’s first digital optic transmission network
- Modernization and Maintenance of the Bulgarian Air Force’s Communication, Navigation and Radar Systems on the key Airbases – in compliance with NATO and ICAO standards
- System for unified radio coverage on the whole territory of the Republic of Bulgaria for ensuring the protection of the national air space
- The first digital communication network of the Air Traffic Service Authority
- Modernization of the signaling and communication systems of EU-funded high-speed rail sections
Balkantel Ltd. is a project oriented engineering company, established in 1990 and specialized in the field of:
- Design, development and manufacturing of innovative products and technologies
- Systems for management and control of the air navigation, applicable in the civil and military aviation
- Specialized military communication and navigation systems
- Railway signaling systems
- Safety and security systems for the railways, air-forces, civil aviation, energy sector
- Development and implementation of own specialized software for video control, surveillance and security
- Automation and control systems, precision measuring equipment
- Telecommunication systems for the civil purposes.
The company has established itself as a major supplier, system integrator and contractor of “turn-key” projects implementing a lot of significant telecom infrastructure projects of national importance. Balkantel Ltd. has been awarded long-term maintenance contracts ensuring the life-time operation of the equipment and systems.
Balkantel – Central Office, 68 Bratya Bukston Blvd.
Balkantel – Research & Development, 1 Bulgarska Legya Str.
Balkantel Ltd. has a professional team of more than 120 highly qualified engineers and specialists working in the field of radio and telecommunications, information technology, electronics and measuring equipment. The company owes many of the achieved results to the professionalism and enthusiasm of its employees. A basic principle in our organization is the building of effective and responsible teams capable of meeting the needs and expectations of a wide range of customers. We encourage our employees to continuously develop their knowledge and skills and to expand their competence both through in-company training and through specialized courses and participation in seminars in the country and abroad. All our specialists have certificates for successfully completed training courses on installation, integration and maintenance of telecommunication and navigation equipment. The company is managed by its two directors – Hristo Dourtchev and Nikola Dourtchev.